ignite engages young people aged 15-18 in Auckland with a passion for music and events in a 15-week programme commencing March 2016. Participants will be guided by industry mentors and further upskill at seminars, workshops and hands-on experience opportunities.
- Established music industry professional paired up with participants to provide information, advice and guidance on an ongoing basis throughout the programme (one-on-one)
- Participants discuss and develop events further at group sessions (peer to peer)
Seminars and Workshops
- Invited professionals share expertise at ignite Seminars, also open to the public. Sessions include Event Management and Marketing and Publicity, followed by workshops where participants will get feedback and advice on their events from the industry guests.
- Guests from the production sector facilitates a hands-on Event Production workshop for participants to gain a base understanding of event production and learn basic sound setup skills
- Gain practical experience at music events
- Private tours of music venues
Participants will put the experience and skills learnt to produce a music-based event at the end of the programme under guidance of their mentors, the ignite team, and with the assistance of the ignite Event Fund. All participants will reflect on their journey and learnings and present these to complete the programme. One deserving participant will be awarded the ignite Scholarship to study a Diploma in Music and Event Management at MAINZ.
There are 10 placements available for 2016 and there is no cost to participate in the programme. Mentors announced mid-January and applications open on 25 January 2016. Programme runs 12 March to 23 June 2016. Full programme and application information available here