ABOUT IGNITE PROGRAMME
IGNITE engages young people aged 15-18 in Auckland with a passion for music in an industry specific training programme. The success of the pilot programme in 2016 led to many of its participants moving on to tertiary education and gaining work placements and internship opportunities across the industry. IGNITE is proud to confirm programme delivery in 2018 with a new intake for the Event Management stream offering a MAINZ Scholarship as well as a new pilot stream in Music Production.
The 12-week programme will also focus on the power of mentoring; offering participants aged 15-18 a very unique experience and hands-on approach and the opportunity to learn from the best. Participants will also attend various seminars, workshops and venue tours. Event Management participants will work towards producing a music-based event, with the Music Production participants producing a finished track by the end of the programme.
IGNITE Programme has now wrapped up for 2018, keep tuned to our website or sign up to our mailing list to be updated on future programmes.
- Established music industry professional paired up with participants as mentors to provide information, advice and guidance on an ongoing basis throughout the programme (one-on-one)
- Event Management participants develop events further in groups and with previous graduates (peer to peer)
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Invited professionals share expertise at IGNITE Seminars, also open to the public. Topics include event and tour management and marketing and aimed towards people venturing into events and tours for the first time, followed by workshops where participants will get feedback and advice on their events from the industry guests.
- Guests from the production sector facilitates a hands-on Event Production workshop for participants to gain a base understanding of event production and learn basic sound setup skills
- Gain practical experience volunteering and working at music events
- Private tours of music venues and recording studios to gain further insight
- Event Management participants will work towards producing a music-based event in June, working under the guidance of their mentors, alongside the IGNITE team and with the assistance of the IGNITE Event Fund^.
- Music Production participants producing a finished track by the end of the programme, working under the guidance of their mentors at their studio
- All participants will reflect on their journey and learnings and present these to complete the programme.
- One deserving Event Management graduate will be awarded the MAINZ Scholarship to study Diploma in Music and Event Management in 2019^^.
^ IGNITE Event Fund crowdfunded by the IGNITE Team and participants
^^ Must meet the entry criteria. Visit MAINZ for more info